Yellow Flicker Beat Sparkling In My Heart

Office works have almost made me forget that the Mockingjay premiere is fast approaching. I didn't realize it until today when I was hea...

Office works have almost made me forget that the Mockingjay premiere is fast approaching. I didn't realize it until today when I was heading my way home.  Because of my work, I have to postpone my Mockingjay IMAX experience until the second part of the film.

Mockingjay-Poster-664x1024
The official movie poster of Mockingjay Part 1

I'm a big The Hunger Games series fan! For the record, it is the first and by far, the only series I've read and finish. Harry Potter did not interest me although I have been very curious of how epic it is while Fifty Shades of Grey did not sit well with me.  THG was so different.  No magic.  No aliens in some post-apocalypse setting. It even has this certain connection to reality --- obsession to plastic surgery to "beautify" one's self, the tyranny of President Snow, the oppression of the powerless.

Mockingjay ranks as my second favorite book in the entire series.  It was the climax of the entire trilogy, with Katniss embracing her role as the Mockingjay, the symbol of the uprising.  She allies with District 13, a district thought to be in the ruins, but has found its home underground and is ruled by President Alma Coin.  With her allegiance is the fact that she has to destroy to go against President Snow and his new ally, the brainwashed Peeta Mellark.

Mockingjay Part 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Unity
During an address to Panem, President Snow is shown together with Peeta and Johanna Mason.

Mockingjay has some memorable (and I mean heartbreaking scenes) that I don't want to divulge.  My excitement then goes to how these weaved words will be portrayed in the film.  To be completely honest, The Hunger Games movie was not at par to the book.  Good thing Catching Fire corrected all the flaws of the first movie. The second movie was a closer interpretation of the book and the experience of watching it is seeing the book unfold right in front of your very eyes.

Because of the exquisiteness of the second THG movie, I have my expectations set really high for the first part of the Mockingjay.  I am hoping the movie would be faithful remake or something close to faithful.

Are you guys excited to see Philip Seymour Hoffman alive again as Plutarch Heavensbee? In case you don't know, Hoffman died while he was still filming the Mockingjay films.

Seriously, are you guys excited to see the girl on fire heat Panem up again? Will if this post does not merit my excitement it yet, then turn all the lights off to see the red orange yellow flicker beat sparkling in my heart.


P.S.  See you guys in the movie houses on the 20th or the 22nd! :))

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images